Friday, January 22, 2010

The divine pleasure of love.

I like to complain about things. Things of all nature. But especially about things over which I have virtually no control. Such as the random and often tragic acts of god. And the antics of Republicans and other nitwits. Maybe even occasionally the weather. And, of course, the standard things we all complain about. Death and taxes. Yes, I was born to complain. And I've learned to cultivate and enjoy the craft of complaining. Of just letting it all hang out. Like right here in my blog. I have discovered that complaining is a god-given right. I even complain directly to my pal, god almighty himself. God often laughs over my complaints. He advises, "Learn to love much of what you don't like." He even encourages me to love Republicans. I find that an almost impossible task. But I do. For example, I love my daughter and son-in-law. Despite their descent into Republicanism. A disease of the mind. Which can be cured, thank god. Meanwhile, I try to be kind to my daughter and son in law. Albeit, I pity them. Anyway, if I can love a Republican, it's proof that I can love anything. That's what god tells me. Tells me he's downright proud of me. To be able to love everyone. Friend and foe alike. God tells me tolerance is a virtue. I'm working at it. I tell god that I love life. And that I understand that life is the greatest gift of all. Because it gives me the opportunity to love. Without life, I'd be unable to feel the divine pleasure of love. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Maybe I wasn't born until I became aware of the concept of love. Then I was fully conscious for the first time. Maybe I was in a state of limbo before that. --Jim