Friday, January 22, 2010

My most prized possession.

Pssssst. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. The readers of my blog include the most prestigious being in all of creation. Yes, my pal, god himself. That's why it doesn't matter to me if the rest of you stick around or not. I'm in direct contact with god almighty. What more can one ask? I have direct access. I don't even have to go to church. Or call myself a Christian or a Jew or Muslim or a Hindu or a Buddhist. I don't even have to proclaim a belief in god. But obviously I do. Because I can see him. Touch him. Actually, I can talk to him any time. Even when I'm out walking in the woods. Anywhere. And if I want an answer from god, I just have to listen. Sometimes, god keeps me guessing. He tells me to think. And that if I do that, I'm likely to come up with the answer on my own. God says he doesn't want to make it too easy for me. That it's good to search for an answer. That's why he gave me a brain. A mind. A conscience. God also gave me the ability to love. He suggests that should be my most prized possession. --Jim Broede

7 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Seems to me that too many people address god in a too formal way. And they object when I spell god with a lower case 'g' instead of an upper case. But god doesn't mind. And he tends to be at his best in his informal moments. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I think god prefers to be called the creator. --Jim

Anonymous said...

In capitalizing every other "proper" name when you use it, you make it obvious that you do not capitalize God's name, for effect.

It is simply proper grammar.

Broede's Broodings said...

Have you noticed? I oftn break the rules of proper grammar. Partly because I'm stupid. Other times, intentionally. For effect. Ain't I cute? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Oooops. I misspelled often, too. Or was it just a typo? Take a guess. --Jim

Anonymous said...

"In capitalizing every other "proper" name when you use it, you make it obvious that you do not capitalize God's name, for effect."

THAT rule, of your own, you never break. Your consistency in that, speaks volumes.

Broede's Broodings said...

Tell me. What am I saying or implying? What conclusion have you jumped to? Actually, I have multiple reasons. One of them is to make you think. And I've succeeded, haven't I? --Jim