Thursday, January 14, 2010

Maybe that's just their thing.

I can't say I deal with people in a perfect way. In a sense, I treat them the way they'd treat me. Sort of an offshoot of the Golden Rule. Treat others the way you'd have them treat you. Well, I figure if someone treats me rudely, they want to be treated rudely, too. So I'll occasionally return the favor. Of course, I prefer to be treated nicely. And I am. Most of the time. I'm assuming that everyone is living by the Golden Rule. And that some people are masochists. They like to be punished. Treated badly. I think that's probably a mental illness. Or at least an odd personality quirk. But maybe that's just their thing. Their path to happiness. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I wonder if being a Republican is a choice. Or is it merely a disease? And if so, can it be treated? --Jim