Sunday, January 3, 2010

My love keeps me going.

I suppose it's not essential for me to know what's going on in the rest of the world. All I need is a feel for my immediate environs. I wouldn't have to pick up a newspaper. Or go on the Internet. Or watch TV. Or listen to the radio. I could just go about living a rather cloistered life. Sometimes, I think that's what I should do. Ignore the rest of the world. But I'm naturally curious. Maybe too curious for my own good. Because I'm probably getting a distorted picture of the world. Brought to me selectively. By the media. Anyway, I can't do much, if anything, about world events. So it wouldn't matter if I disappeared into the Northwoods for a year or two. Or lived in a cave. Only thing is, I'm in hot pursuit of love. Of romance. And that requires me to venture out into the world. Because my darling is out there. And she needs protecting. And loving. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I often feel like a knight in shining armor. A little hard getting around. But I look good in armor. --Jim