Sunday, January 3, 2010

They want everyone to be a robot.

Know thyself. Yes, that's what I'm trying to do. Because if I don't know myself, how the heck am I gonna know others? At least, I can get inside myself. I have a keen sense of my being. An awareness. I know, for instance, that I'm a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. Not necessarily in that order. The emphasis can change from day to day. I can share myself with myself every day. Any time. I've determined, too, that I am not a robot. Didn't know that until I learned to know thyself. And so here I am. Rejecting the advice of idiots. People who still operate as robots. And that's what some of 'em want me to do. Become a robot again. They tell me I'm not supposed to know thyself. That it's more inportant to know others. That I'm too self-centered. That I need to be more selfless. One of the idiot ladies even told me that I should still be in love with Jeanne. Even though Jeanne died three years ago. I'm told it's wrong that I've fallen in love again. With another woman. Of course, such advice is pure crap. After all, I'm no robot. I know I'm a lover. I need to be in love. In order to be whole. Yes, I know thyself. No doubt about it. And I also know that I encounter idiots. Robots. Daily. Idiots and robots don't know themselves. And they fear people who know how to think. For themselves. They want everyone to be a robot. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I really love talking to myself. It makes for good conversation. --Jim