Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We worship $$$.

Think about it. Your money or your life. What would you rather give to save America? To me, it's a no-brainer. I'd pay double or triple my taxes. Rather than surrender my life. In fact, if I had to choose between everything I own, and my life -- well, it's still a no-brainer. We ask our soldiers to risk their lives in defense of the nation. But the rest of us complain if we're asked to pay more taxes. Instead, we become Republicans. Cowards. Penny-pinching non-patriots. We don't want to have anything to do with bailing America out of its steady decline into bankruptcy. No, we're cheapskates. Like Jack Benny. In his comedic skit many years ago. Benny was being robbed. And the robber declared, "Give me your money or your life." And there was silence. And the robber kept demanding an answer. Finally, Benny said, "Give me a minute to think about it." Yes, we don't want to part with anything to save America. The rich wanna keep getting richer. We're greedy Americans. And that's maybe why we'll go the same direction of every empire. Into extinction. Because not only are we unwilling to surrender our lives. But our money, too. We worship money more than country. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

If the rich agree to a doubling of their taxes, I'll agree to a tripling of my taxes. How's that for an offer? --Jim