Thursday, January 7, 2010

What are we gonna do about it?

I wonder if our politicians set our national mood. That of acrimony. Yes, deep divisions in our society. Not only are Democrats and Republicans at each other's throats. But the split also goes within. Even Republicans can't get along with each other. The neo-conservatives versus the moderates. And the same goes with the Democratic party. Conservative Democrats have to be literally bribed with pork to support health care reform. Maybe all this is good. I don't know. But I sense that we Americans are learning more and more to hate each other. To become obstructionists. To call each other names. It's even done in this blog. Maybe I'm at fault. But I think it goes beyond me. I'm just going along with the national mood. The flow. The acrimony. We Americans are pulling against each other. Praying for failure. Even for each other's death. For political gain. Our national security apparatus is devoid of cooperation. Look at the security breaches that nearly led to a plane being blown up over Detroit on Christmas day. All because we didn't share information with each other. Our intelligence people simply refuse to cooperate, refuse to share, refuse to connect so-called dots. Yes, at deep peril to the nation's security. That's become the natural way in America. We're a nation divided. I have to admit that I'm not even proud to be an American any more. I don't like the acrimony. But I continue to feed it. Maybe we all do. So, what are we gonna do about it? --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I am proud to be a human being. And what I like most about it is the ability to transcend from a physical world to a spiritual world. Helps to give me a creative dimension. Allows me to unleash myself. --Jim