Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No time to heed my advice.

I'm in no hurry. I consciously plod through life. In slow motion. Gives me time to savor whatever I'm doing. Might even be wasting time. But hey, that can be enjoyable. And then it's no longer a waste. People tell me I should do this or that. Yes, they tell me how to live. But I let it go in one ear and out the other. Instead, I tell them how to live. To slow down. But it doesn't bother me if they don't listen. Because they're in a hurry. They have to go somewhere. Meet a deadline. And they're late already. Maybe for a doctor's appointment. Because their blood pressure is elevated. Yes, they're overwhelmed. They're stressed out. No time to heed my advice. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Sometimes I slow down life to the point that time almost seems to stop. Maybe that's the way to capture a moment. By stopping time. When I take a photograph, I've stopped time. At least in one sense. Makes me feel like a portrait painter. --Jim