Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whatever stirs me.

I like the invention of the blog. Because it allows me to write pretty much as I please. No editors, really. Unless, maybe, I did something even beyond outlandish. The blog gives me a sense of freedom. To say what I want to say on any given day. I'm not out to attract a big audience. Or maybe not even an audience at all. But I'm bound to pull in a few people. My friends and acquaintances. And often people that I alienate. That's all right with me. I don't have to be liked. I don't write for the purpose of being liked. Often enough, I write to provoke. To taunt people I don't particularly like. Such as Republicans. And politicians, in general. Especially the right-wingers on the lunatic fringe. They don't like me either. And I don't mind. I don't want to be liked by fascists and bigots and guttersnipes and scumbags. Anyway, here I am. Writing. Writing. Writing whatever comes to mind. Whatever stirs me. Could be anything. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I see we've had 35,082 hits at the moment. I consider that modest. And not bad. --Jim