Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The ability to savor love.

I don't have bad days because I always seem to find a way to end the day well. Because I retreat to my cocoon. My own little world. A safe haven. And I focus on what's going right in my life. Such as a loving relationship. And then I reflect on being an alive and conscious being. Capable of giving love. And receiving love. And I always try to write a love letter before I go to bed. Even when I'm living with my love. It's a good practice. And I think I've become very adept at writing love letters. There's something nice and pleasant about putting loving thoughts in writing. Spoken words tend to vaporize. Sort of disappear into the night. But a written word has a lasting quality. It can live on and on. I've seen written words penned centuries ago. And they still live. They still remain vibrant. I keep trying to master the craft of being a romantic idealist. I want to be one of the best romantics and one of the best idealists in the world. Because that is what motivates me. Deep down. I love to be romantic. Maybe that's the essence of love. Romance. The ability to savor love. To make it last. --Jim Broede

No comments: