Thursday, February 25, 2010

And the revolution begins.

Pardon me if I become more cynical all the time. But I think the economic and political aspects of life are run by manipulators. By powerbrokers. Out to reap profits. Money. Money. Money. Money is power. And power is money. Imagine the power I'd have if I had a billion dollars. I could buy political favors right and left. I'd have immense influence. Certainly far more power than 100,000 poor and middle class peons. Yes, more proof that we live in a plutocracy. Not a democracy. The vote of a billionaire counts far more than the cumulative votes of all the poor people in the land. Money talks louder than the voices of the downtrodden. But hey, in my more optimistic moments, I begin to believe that it doesn't have to be that way. I dream of the day of the great revolution. When the bottom classes of society yell, 'Enough!!!' And the revolution begins. --Jim Broede

No comments: