Monday, February 15, 2010

Making the best of life.

My time is best spent in my cocoon. Moreorless hiding out from the real world. I let in a handful of trusted friends. And two cats. And I worship the spirits. Mostly outdoors. Where nature abounds. Often, absent of people. All this allows me to thrive. Doesn't even matter who's president of the United States. Because I don't have to pay attention. I'm free to read books. And to write. Pretty much what I want to write. Oh, I travel, too. And I cultivate a love interest. I wish I had the power to change the world. For the better. But for the most part I don't. Because I can't. I don't have that much power or influence. So I accept what I detest. Such as a war in Afghanistan. Bothers me that 12 innocent civilians were killed two days ago. And five more today. And there'll be more to come. Yes, the collateral damage of war. If I were god, I'd put a stop to it. But I'm just me. A mortal in the pursuit of happiness. Trying to make the best of life. --Jim Broede

No comments: