Friday, February 12, 2010

On the reflections of love.

Last night. I attended a reflections on love program at a local seminary. In honor of upcoming Valentine's day. It was well-planned. Choreographed. With music. And poetry. And some personal testaments. Written. Planned ahead of time. Which made it less than spontaneous. If I had taken charge, I would have tried to accomplish something totally unplanned. I would have solicited members of the audience to reflect on love. Some aspect of love. Pertinent to their own lives. It's as if they had to get up. In front of us all. Unexpectedly. And talk about love. Spontaneously. For a minute or two or three. Maybe even 5. Of course, not everyone would have volunteered. Actually, it would have scared the hell out of some. But others would have dared. Taken the risk. And I would have liked to see the outcome. The total spontanaiety of it all. I sort of wish I had thought of this last night. And got up. At the end. And suggested this. Just to see what would happen. Would they all be aghast? Or would some warm to the idea. It would have been an interesting experiment. On the reflections of love. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Love brings balance to my life. Offsets all the bad. Makes life truly meaningful. And pleasant. --Jim