Thursday, February 4, 2010

Out of sight.

I like history. Because it tells me so much about the past. I don't believe everything I read in history books. But much of it I accept. Especially the parts that I like. I pick and choose. And accept what seems most credible. I'm fascinated by characters that lived long, long ago. I want them to come alive again. And in some ways, I do retrieve their spirits. And I have imaginary conversations with them. The sad part is that many who have lived, haven't made it into history books. They have vanished completely. Not a trace. Kind of interesting. The things historians consider eventful. Wars, for instance. They are chronicled in detail. But I'd rather read about those who withdrew to their distant retreats and practiced love. They're hidden away. Out of sight. Rarely seen in a history book. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

The most important and most meaningful people are the ones that never make it into history books. --Jim