Monday, February 22, 2010

A testing of my soul.

I wonder how a soul is affected if it's transplanted from one mind into another. In other words, to what extent is a soul shaped by the mind? I'm assuming the soul is a separate entity. Not the same as the mind or the physical brain. Quite possibly, the soul has no physical composition. If so, it can survive the destruction or death of the physical being. I wonder, too, if the soul is unconscious. And needs to reside in a mind in order to attain cognitive power. Awareness. The soul, I assume, reacts to the environment and experience of the being in which it resides. Maybe the soul is an element of god. Our connection to the divine. To the holy. To the spirit world. The soul boosts the mind. Gives it an extraordinary dimension. Elevates the mind to a level far above a souless mind. I don't know. This is speculation. Maybe a testing of my soul. --Jim Broede

No comments: