Monday, February 22, 2010

For which I am grateful.

I think Obama and the Democrats are wising up. And finding a way to get health care reform passed. Bypassing the filibuster. And it'll piss off the Republicans. But there's nobody I'd rather see pissed off than the Republicans. Obama is gonna hold a televised summit meeting with Republicans Thursday night. I suspect, to show the public that the Republicans really don't want to pass anything. And that will open the door to an intricate process of adopting the reform with a simple majority instead of the super majority needed under a filibuster. I hope this works. It'll be a big boost for my morale. Of course, I have no power to control the outcome. But maybe the divine spirits in Paradise do. But if they don't, I won't complain. After all, they've been good to me over the years. Sending me love. For which I am eternally grateful. --Jim Broede

No comments: