Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why I like Obama.

We Americans are uncivil to each other. Especially when it comes to politics. Yes, politics brings out the worst in us. We have a good and decent president. In Barack Obama. Maybe the best we've had in a long, long time. But still, the so-called loyal opposition is downright nasty. Questions his faith. His motives. Even questions whether he's a native born citizen of the USA. Republicans are united in opposition to virtually any legislation favored by Obama. I think they literally hate him. And the saddest thing of all, I suspect some of 'em hate him because he's black. They'll never admit it. But that's the nature of the worst kind of racist. Hiding behind a facade. Anyway, here's what Obama had to say about incivility at a prayer breakfast this morning. Click on it. Gives us something to think about. That's why I like Obama. --Jim Broede

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/04/AR2010020401728.html

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I tend to be uncivil to the uncivil. I must try to break the chain. --Jim