Thursday, February 4, 2010

The meaning of life.

I want to postpone death. I wonder why? Is it because I'm afraid of death? Or is it because I want to live? But maybe death is living. In another way. In another dimension. But still. I'm afraid. To some degree. Because of the possibillity that death is nothingness. A total loss of consciousness. But then, maybe it's a new kind of consciousness. Far superior to human consciousness. Hardly conceivable in our three-dimensional world. A new form of life. Maybe we learn there is no such thing as death. It's merely a figment of our imaginations. Life is not static. I've been changing. I'm not the same being I was at 40. But there was no reason for me to fear what I'd become at 74. It would have been sad if I had been denied the opportunity. To thrive. To begin to better understand the meaning of life. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Every day I find a new meaning to life. --Jim