Wednesday, March 10, 2010

As king, I'd see to it.

I have a simple way to get America out of debt. May take a few years. But we can do it by diverting the money we spend on the military and defense to retirement of the enormous debt. This year, alone, that would amount to $719 billion. Yes, nearly three-quarters of a trillion dollars. Wow! Of course, some of you will argue that opens us to being overrun by the barbarians. But I'd risk it. Why would anybody want to attack us if we tend to our own business? Rather than exerting our military muscle around the world. For a few years -- at least until we right the American economic ship -- let's give it a try. Better than going into bankruptcy. As it is, we're presently being bankrolled primarily my China. I see that as rather risky. Anyway, seems to me we've been wasting money. On wars. In Iraq. In Afghanistan. We're also wasting lives. And we're wasting our nation in the process. Looks to me like a total waste. We need to find a way to get out of this destructive dilemma. Let's change our form of government. To a monarchy. Make me the king. And I'll see to it. --Jim Broede

No comments: