Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A figment of our imaginations.

I'm being told there's lots of anti-Washington sentiment. At least, that's what I'm reading. And hearing on TV and radio. Not quite sure what that means. I hear it from liberals. And conservatives. Seems like there are many disenchanted Americans. From so many spectrums. So I'm beginning to wonder. What's to become of all this? Griping. And more griping, I suppose. Incumbents seem to be losing an increasing number of elections. I'm more inclined to stay away from the polls. Because all the choices seem bad. Doesn't seem to do any good when new office-holders come to power. Maybe it even becomes worse. I periodically call for a revolution. But even then, there's no guarantee that things will get better. But I try to be an optimist. Thinking things will bottom out. And get better some day. But then, maybe I have to learn the nature of politics. It's the quest for power. Often unbridled power. For the few to rule the many. Usually, the few with the most money. There is no such thing as democracy. It's a figment of our imaginations. --Jim Broede

No comments: