Friday, March 5, 2010

I could have played it safe.

My idea/concept of moderation isn't the same as others. Like in the matter of exercise, for instance. Two days after hernia surgery, I decide to walk 9 miles. Not all at once, for goodness sakes. But 9 miles in total. And at a rather slow speed. About a 20-minute mile. To me, that's moderation. But others tell me it's absurd to walk 9 miles. Even when one hasn't had hernia surgery. But I respond that exercise makes me feel good. Mentally. Physically. Anyway, I do understand why some people think I overdo things. I admit that I go off deep ends. Because I like to explore. To go beyond horizons. Just to see what's there. I suppose that can be dangerous. I could have signed up for a voyage with Columbus. Or I could have played it safe. And stayed at home. --Jim Broede

No comments: