Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'll be dancing in the streets.

More and more, it's looking like Democrats are poised to pass major health care reform legislation. Perhaps late this week. The bill is far from perfect. But it takes us in the right direction. And over the years, it can be improved. It's a good start at reform. And it's coming over the objections of recalcitrant Republicans. Could be that not a single Republican votes for it. All the more reason for Democrats to stand firm and united. Against a shameful collection/coalition of Republicans and big corporate interests and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. It's the little people versus the plutocracy. I am heartened by the steadfast and idealistic Democrats that refuse to give up on reform. It's gratifying. Renewing my faith in our government. Again, it ain't a perfect government. Far from it. But occasionally, a majority forms to serve the common good. The public interest over the greedy private sector of our economy. I'm holding my breath. That Obama and his band of Democrats are able to pull it off. Against the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies and Republicans. If so, I'm gonna do more than my usual walking this weekend. I'll be dancing in the streets. --Jim Broede

No comments: