Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm negotiating a pact with god.

Time. Leisure time. Time to do as I please. Maybe that's the most precious thing I have. I really need more time to love. I think that was why I was put on Earth. To be a lover. And I need more time to perfect the art. Or the craft. Or whatever it is. Anyway, I appreciate what time I've been given so far. If I had died 20 years ago, I would have missed so much. I really would like forever. I'm trying to negotiate a pact with god. I'm letting god know I'm flexible. I don't necessarily have to live forever. At least in my present physical state. I'd settle for a spiritual existence. In another dimension. I have the notion that god will be around forever. And I'd like to keep him company. Anyway, if god won't grant me forever, I'd happily settle for something less. Maybe 100,000 years. Didn't Methuselah negotiate for 900 and some years? I could even settle for that. --Jim Broede

No comments: