Monday, March 29, 2010

No limits on the human spirit.

I like people who adjust to life. Doesn't matter what happens. Good. Or bad. They still find ways to be happy. That's what I like to do. Surround myself mostly with happy people. Oh, an occasional unhappy being is all right, too. That is, if they have the potential to turn it around. I can sense that from the beginning. Deep down, they really want to be happy. They have the desire. And that's exactly what it takes. Desire. But I know some people that really want to be unhappy. They hate themselves. They are masochists. They get their kicks from punishing themselves. I've had unhappy moments in my life. But it doesn't seem like so many. Because I'm convinced beyond a doubt that good things spring from bad things. Good for me, at least. People ask, why does god allow bad things to happen to good people? And invariably the reason is that bad evolves into something good. If you give it time. You just gotta have patience. And look for the good. Some of us don't even recognize good if it hits us over the head. We're blind. We're too embedded in the bad experience. It's like quick sand. We allow ourselves to sink deeper and deeper. Into despair. When we really have the opportunity to flap our wings. And soar all the way to the mountain top. And beyond. There are no limits on the human spirit. --Jim Broede

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has always been so cruel of you, to conclude that people who cannot seem to rise above their despair, actually want or choose to be that way. Most people who cannot help themselves are ill, but you would call them "weak", "whiners", or simply laugh at them.

You have little, if any, compassion for anyone other than yourself. But, that is nothing new. You have never understood other people at all..only what you can get out of a relationship. That's what braggarts do. That's what egotists do. That's what you do.

If you ever need help, I really hope there is someone to help you because, as I see it now, there will be no one.

You pretend to know God and Jesus, but you will never know them. You prove it, every time you speak of them. Bad does not always evolve into good. We are tried by our experiences to become stronger, to learn acceptance, and to learn compassion. Not to learn that something bad is happening, so something good can happen. "Bad" things happen because He has given us free will. He grieves, when we suffer. He also comforts and restores.
”Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6).

I do hope you can fool yourself until the end.

Broede's Broodings said...

I find your comment quite interesting. It's one way to look at things. I can tell you have given the matter some thought. I respect your opinion. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Please consider that I am not a Christian. And I take it that you are. Therefore, my take on god and Jesus may very well be different than yours. I am a free-thinker. As such, I am not required to think as a Christian. Are you telling me that my religion isn't as good as your's? Are you telling me that I'm going to hell because I'm not a Christian? Sounds like you are judging me from your Christian perspective. Please understand that I think your religion is just as legitimate as my religion. I believe in god. And I think Jesus was a great philosopher and a great teacher and a decent man. But not necessarily the son of god. Meanwhile, I suspect that Jesus would encourage you to withhold some of your judgments. --Jim