Sunday, March 7, 2010

Peace, tranquility & happiness.

The nice thing about life is that one can almost always find something to be happy about. Doesn't mean one will be happy 24 hours a day or 7 days a week or 30 days a month. But I can't remember the last day when I didn't find significant time to savor. To be happy. Even when things went wrong. It wasn't as if the whole day was a wreck. And I always seem to go to bed happy. Oh, I complain about things. Such as politics. And the state of the economy. But complaining often makes me feel happy. Because I got it off my chest. And when I complain I often do it in funny and sarcastic ways. Makes me laugh. Makes me feel good. Even unhappy people make me happy. To some degree. Because the contrast makes me feel as if I'm well off. That I've been blessed. That I don't have as many troubles as the next guy. I know I live in a world in which bad things happen. But I tell myself, I can't do much about it. Some things are just far beyond my control. But often I can control my immediate environment. I can withdraw into a cocoon. And look at it as my little niche in the world. Where I can have peace and tranquility. And yes, happiness. --Jim Broede

No comments: