Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I don't always feel like being nice.

I don't necessarily mind if I offend someone. I try not to. But if it happens, it happens. In some cases, people are too easily offended. They are too thin-skinned. And I'm not gonna pussyfoot around 'em. Let 'em be offended. As for me, I'm not easily offended. In fact, it happens rarely. But when I get pissed, I can get royally pissed. Getting pissed really isn't the same as being offended. I'm pissed when Republicans become obstructionists just for the sake of being obstructionists. Or opposing Barack Obama merely because he's a black man. Yes, for being racists. Really, it's no skin off my back. I'm a white man. So I don't have to endure racial epithets. But I'll come to the defense of a black man. And I won't hesitate to offend a racist. Albeit, that's a hard thing to do. Because many of 'em are too stupid to be offended. They're idiots. Yes, retarded. But it's posssible that they don't even know what the word 'retarded' means. I never get offended if someone calls me a derogatory name. I sort of like it. Because that shows that maybe I've riled 'em. And quite possibly, that was my intention. I've become a master at it. I push people's buttons. I have fun doing it. Maybe that's not nice. But then, in some instances, that's all right. I really don't feel like being nice to a racist. And to many Republicans, too. Because they ain't very nice themselves. --Jim Broede

No comments: