Sunday, April 18, 2010

I have a choice.

I'm fully capable of being disappointed. In events. In people. But never for long. Because I get on with things. With life. Makes no sense in wallowing. In lamenting for a prolonged period. Always, I find a way to relieve my disappointment. Mainly, it's a recognition that I can't control events and people. Things just happen. And it's up to me to adjust. To take everything in stride. Oh, there are things over which I have control. Such as my attitude. I can be positive. I can be negative. I have a choice. If I'm disappointed in something that happened today, I try to get it off my mind. By finding something joyful or wonderful. And focusing on it. Often, all I have to do is sit down. And write. A little piece. Such as this. --Jim Broede

No comments: