Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'd love to manage the Cubs.

It’s time for the Chicago Cubs to call in the team psychiatrist. Yes, they have one. Following my recommendation. I’ve diagnosed the Cubs’ main problem. Too many players that are head cases. They don’t know how to psych themselves. And that especially goes for the middle relief pitchers. The ones that come in to pitch the 7th and 8th innings. When the starter can’t go all the way. The Cubs have lost four of their first six games, three of ‘em by blowing leads in the 8th inning. That’s an awful way to lose games. It’s hard on the team psyche. Robs the team of confidence. One can see it when the middle relief pitchers enter the games. They lack swagger. They look downright scared. Well, a good shrink can do something about that. He has to get the pitchers believing in themselves. And if the psychiatrist doesn’t get the job done, I have another plan. Let’s hire a team hypnotist. To instill the necessary confidence. And if that doesn’t work, I’m available. I’d love to manage the Cubs. And I'll work for nothing. –Jim Broede

No comments: