Sunday, April 11, 2010

The world's worst government.

I'm baffled. Over the fact that we have only two political parties in the USA. The Democrats. And the Republicans. Really, in some ways, it's a one-party system. The capitalists. So few real choices. We Americans often complain about the lack of choices in a communist country. You had to vote communist, or not vote at all. I feel much the same way here. My choice often comes down to bad or worse. The Democrats represent bad. The Republicans worse. Many a time, I've stayed home rather than trek to the polls. Of course, I could vote for a Ralph Nadar. Or even write in my name. But that never does any good. I won't settle for anything less than being a king that rules by divine right. Americans, for the most part, seem satisfied with two choices. Republican or Democrat. Oh, there's a difference. However slight. I'd like to see the emergence of a third party. Or a fourth and fifth and sixth. Ad infinitum. Maybe so that no party gets more than 10 percent of the vote. Then we'd be forced to have coalition governments. With multiple parties banding together to form a majority. That would require lots of give and take. Compromise. A blending. I'm beginning to think that we Americans are plagued with one of the worst governments in the world. Certainly, it will be, if Republicans become the majority again. --Jim Broede

No comments: