Friday, April 9, 2010

In the zany world of politics.

They are the two most stupid women I've ever seen or heard. Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann. And they have emerged as the heroines of the far right lunatic fringe of the Republican Party. I'd like to think they don't have a bright future in American politics. But gawd, what do I know? Palin was actually elected governor of Alaska some years ago. An indication that hell finally froze over. Because temperatures in Alaska hover around 50 below zero every winter. And that may have numbed the minds of voters up on the tundra. And Bachmann is my congresswoman. In Minnesota's 6th district. Where the weather also gets cold. But I'm thinking we elected Bachmann just as a joke. Sending the village idiot to represent us in the hallowed halls of Congress. Hopefully, we 6th district voters will get serious this fall, and send Bachmann back to oblivion. But one never knows. In the zany world of politics. --Jim Broede

No comments: