Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today is very precious.

What do I want out of life? Some degree of happiness, I suppose. And I can be happy in all sorts of ways. Guess I'm happiest when I'm in love. But I didn't discover that until I was in my 30s. And the older I get, the more I discover it. When I was a kid, I really didn't have much concept of love. It was something silly. Rather meaningless. Maybe I was too self-centered to be in love. But then again, when I'm in love, I often profess that I feel like a little boy. Maybe it's that when I was a boy before, I missed something. Maybe I didn't even know I was alive. I was incapable of grasping love. And running with it. Of going with the flow. Now that I'm older, I have more life experience. Time to finally live my boyhood. And I know I'm very much alive and conscious. And I savor each day. Really, I get lost in the day. And think little of yesterday or tomorrow. Because today is very precious. Little wonder. After all, I am in love.--Jim Broede

No comments: