Saturday, April 24, 2010

We're really earthlings.

I like the notion of a world without borders. Maybe that would solve our so-called immigration problems. By allowing more freedom of movement. In which the world becomes one big country. Then maybe we don't have to think of ourselves as Canadians or Americans or Mexicans. We just move about. Like we do now in the USA. If I want to move from Minnesota to California, I just do it. I don't have to get a green card or get the permission of a state government official. Maybe when we discover life on billions of other planets in the cosmos, we'll begin to think of ourselves as earthlings. Won't make any difference whether we are French, German or Italian. We're really earthlings. Residing on a particular planet. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I like things that bind us together. That show that we have something in common. But I also like to be different. --Jim