Saturday, April 24, 2010

So much to complain about.

I guess I'm a chronic complainer. I've complained about my Chicago Cubs baseball team ever since I was a kid. Complained that they haven't been to a World Series since 1945. And haven't won a World Series since 1908. People say I should do something about my complaints. To fix things. But hey, some things are beyond fixing. Such as the Cubs. They most likely won't get to another World Series in my lifetime. Even if I live to be 1,000. And I can't do anything about that. Except complain. Same goes for lots of things going on in this world. For instance, I don't like wars. I think they're disgusting. And immoral. But it's beyond me to stop or prevent wars. So I gotta live with 'em. And just complain. Yes, complain, complain, complain. Endlessly. Little wonder that I've become a chronic complainer. There's so much to complain about. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Come to think about it. There's more for me to savor than to complain about. And I've also learned to savor my ability to complain. I really enjoy it all. All facets of life. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Simple, isn't it? One can just choose to be happy. --Jim