Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'm totally, completely amazed.

I'm amazed. That's there's life. And that I'm part of it. Amazing. That I'm even aware. That I'm real. That I can ponder it all. Even write about it. Using language. Making sense of it all. Communicating. And feeling love. For another human being. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Even if all this ends. And I return to nothingness. It was still an amazing experience. To have this moment of conscious existence. How did this happen? I'm told that there's a creator. And maybe even a grand design. But I don't know that. Maybe life just is. I'm told that there was life before me. For millions of years. Maybe billions of years. And suddenly, here I am. Emerging. Out of the blue. I am a physical being. A thinking being. Why am I here? And at this time. Maybe for no particular reason. I just am. I'm totally, completely amazed. --Jim Broede

No comments: