Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My right to be naughty.

I find that sometimes people treat me like a naughty school boy. If I break a rule, they want me disciplined. As if I did it in a spiteful way. Or out of sheer stupidity. And therefore I should go stand in a corner. Or be suspended from school for a day. But hey, I'm a 74-year-old man. I'm not a school boy any more. I listen to reason. I don't need a spanking. Or even a scolding. Please treat me like an adult. Of course, my critics will say that I act like a child. Maybe so. Nothing wrong with that. I know some well-mannered children. And I happen to be well-mannered, too. But I've also earned the right to be naughty. Occasionally. That's one of the benefits of age. We're adults now. And we're a bit more privileged than youth that have yet to come of age. I'm allowed to swear and talk back to my peers. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

To tell the truth, I love being naughty. --Jim