Monday, May 10, 2010

Learning to go with the flow.

I like to salvage something from bad or unexpected situations. Let's say that I'm traveling. And I get lost. That could be rather frustrating. Unless, of course, I discover something I didn't expect to find. A pleasurable experience, for instance. A nice restaurant. Nice people. Nice scenery. I may ultimately conclude that I was fortunate to have gotten lost. That I took a wrong turn. I think of life as an adventure. In which the unexpected happens. Even bad things. Maybe a car breaks down. One has to sit around for a day. Waiting for repairs. But that often presents an opportunity. To look around. Last summer, I was planning on finding a place to stay in Duluth. But there were no vacancies. I had to drive 50 miles out of my way. To a little town called Moose Lake. And I liked the town. And the people. It was a nice experience. Quiet. Restful. Pleasant. Think I'm getting to enjoy life. No matter what happens. Even when things don't go the way I want things to go. Often, I wonder if it's all by grand design. That I'm supposed to adjust. And go with the flow. --Jim Broede

No comments: