Monday, May 10, 2010

We are all judgmental.

I keep sensing that a handful of people are annoyed with me. For what I write in my blog. For instance, one lady keeps telling me I'm judgmental. And that I shouldn't be. Of course, I am judgmental. I don't deny it. I have opinions. About what's good. And what's bad. I never did like Hitler. So I say it. I'm judgmental. And I have opinions on all sorts of issues. About some Alzheimer care-givers. That they are far too angry. And that they pose a danger to their patients. Yes, that's judgmental. But I voice my views anyway. Because I think the patients need advocates and protectors. Because they can't fend for themselves. Meanwhile, that lady who thinks I'm judgmental is judgmental herself. She castigates me for not being like her. I suspect that we are all judgmental to some degree. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure we are. But, your judgements do not belong there. We come for support, kinship, advice, and guidance. Not to be judged by you or anyone else. If it bothers you too bad, and you are not going to do anything about it, you should just go away, not write about us behind our backs.

Broede's Broodings said...

I'm not writing behind anyone's back. This blog is a forum. Anybody can come here and read it. Of course, there are other forums that would restrict what I can say. The sponsors of some forums establish rules. And I try to follow 'em. Out of courtesy and respect. But in my blog, I have a great amount of freedom. Not total freedom. But far more than I have in other forums. That's why I established a blog. If you come, obey my rules. And if I come to your forum, I'll try to obey your rules. That's fair, isn't it? --Jim