Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Loverboy may not be listening.

I've learned acceptance. You'll find me complaining about lots of things in this blog. But in the end, I accept certain situations. Such as the state of American politics. And the state of the economy. And the gross stupidity I stumble across daily. Yes, acceptance is a pretty nice thing. Because one can't do much to bring about change. Because the system is the system. It's in place. And an individual learns to live with it. I can get around the system. To some extent. By ignoring it. Not letting it bother me. For instance, I can retreat to my cocoon, and pretend that I've escaped to another world. My own world. But that lasts only so long. One needs to eventually venture out into the real world. But I've also learned to gripe about things. Any and everything. Won't do much good. My ideas and rantings generally fall on deaf ears and empty minds. But still, I get satisfaction. Merely by sounding off. And I can talk to the animals, too. Especially my cats, Loverboy and Chenuska. They seem to be listening most of the time. Or so I think. Although, I noticed this morning that Loverboy had paws over his ears. --Jim Broede

No comments: