Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh, how fortunate I am.

Life was meant to be a pleasure. Full of happiness. With just an occasional dose of sadness. So far, it's worked out that way for me. Which means I can't complain. Even if I dropped dead tomorrow. Of course, I want more pleasure. More happiness. Maybe I'll never be ready to let go of life. Even in troubled times I choose to cherish what I've got. Mainly awareness. That I'm an alive and conscious being. When things aren't going right, I generally muse that things will get better. And invariably, they do. I wonder if I've ever been in depression. I suspect not. Oh, how fortunate I am. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I'm amazed at the number of people I see in depression. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I suspect there are many, many causes/reasons for depression. Therefore, many treatments. --Jim