Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Once you get to know me.

I highly recommend blogs. Everybody should have one. A place to express one's self. In writing. One's audience may be quite limited. But that's all right. I go to my blog virtually every day. Because I have something to say. Maybe some days it's mere trivia. But that's all right. It's still something. I like it when people like what I have to say. But I also like it when people get mad at me. In fact, downright furious. That makes for a good day. Because people need to be stirred. And it's nice to know that I had a role in arousing someone's passions. Of course, I don't like to be censored. That's a motivating force for my blog. I'm my only censor. In other words, I set the rules. My blog is my domain. Some people have tried to take it over. But that's pure folly. I won't allow it. At other web sites and blogs, I'm not the boss. I have to follow their rules. And generally, I do. I've been known to push the limits on occasion. Just as some people do in my blog. And they discover that I'm a rather tolerant fellow. I'll draw lines. But I allow myself to be pushed. Because I tend to be an open-minded liberal. Rather than a close-minded conservative. I occasionally stumble across an open-minded conservative. Indeed, that's a rare find. Worthy of special recognition. Another strange thing. I've noticed that I alienate mostly women. And not so many men. I'm not sure why that is. Because women are, by far, my most favorite people. Several of 'em are very special. But there also are some very ornery women. Some who outrightly despise me. I find that mostly funny. Can't get myself to take it seriously. Many women approach me anonymously. I'm not sure why. Could be they are shy. Or maybe they are frightened of me. Of course, they have no valid reason to be afraid. Because I'm a personable and kind guy. A real gentleman. Actually, very tender and gentle. I'm a romantic idealist. And I have a keen sense of humor, too. And I'm reasonably intelligent. So all in all, I'm quite likeable. Once you get to know me. --Jim Broede

No comments: