Monday, May 24, 2010

Thinking about what I learned.

Nobody knows what to fully expect of life. But I find that if I take it one day at a time and not get too far ahead of myself, it works. Especially if I find at least some token time for myself daily. To reflect. To recuperate. To count my blessings. Yes, it's very much an attitudinal thing. Life is an adventure. Mostly a wonderful adventure. And one might as well try to savor it. On reflection, it seems to me that my 13 years as an Alzheimer care-giver did me far more good than harm. Of course, I'm looking at it after the fact. Thinking about what I learned. And how I'm applying that today to make a useful and productive and happy life. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Life really boils down to the pursuit of happiness, doesn't it? --Jim