Monday, May 24, 2010

No reason to limit myself.

Life was meant to be lived. Maybe in a rather exotic and romantic way. Like in a storybook. I've always thought that. I knew right from the beginning what I wanted to be. A writer. Initially, for newspapers. It seemed like a profession with some pizazz. Glamour. Yes, like in a storybook. Living what I wanted to be. And finally, I decided I wanted to be a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. So that's what I'm doing. This summer I'll spend 5 weeks in Europe. In pursuit of life. The way I want my life to be. To tell the truth, I'd much rather live life than write about it. But hey, sometimes I can do both. I see no reason to limit myself. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I pretty much do as I damn well please. That is, as long as I don't hurt other people. --Jim