Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'd welcome illegal immigrants.

Funny, isn't it? The way Congress puts off dealing with immigration policy. Yes, it's so politically volatile that our politicians don't even want to deal with it. In large part, I suppose, because we are a nation divided. No doubt about it, we have millions of illegal immigrants. People flock here. Presumably because they like it. My inclination is to welcome 'em. Make it relatively easy for them to obtain permanent residency status. I like newcomers. People from all over the world. Gives us more diversity. More balance. And I like the mix of languages, too. We Americans would be much better off if we learned multiple languages. It would help us better understand other cultures. So anyway, all you illegal immigrants, welcome! --Jim Broede

No comments: