Friday, June 11, 2010

Here's a feat for a Cubs' player.

My Chicago Cubs never cease to amaze me. Maybe that's why I stick with them. Because they always find new ways to lose. Some baseball fans covet teams that find new ways to win. Well, that's too simple. I get turned on to new ways to lose games. Such as the Cubs did yesterday. Surrendering runs to Milwaukee in three innings. Without so much as a single hit. Instead, the Cubs pitchers yielded a bountiful number of walks and the fielders committed three errors. And then there's the guy who's supposed to be the team's best run-producer. He's turned into a virtual hitless wonder. Batting about .150 for the entire season. Anyway, if I were the boss of the Cubs, I'd recruit a retired player, Jose Conseco, to make a comeback with the Cubs. I think that once upon a time, he was playing in the outfield when a catchable fly ball bounced off his head and over the fence for a homerun. A Cubs player hasn't performed that feat. Yet. --Jim Broede

No comments: