Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Life is easier with a friend.

I've been known to hurt people's feelings. To rub them the wrong way. Maybe I do it intentionally. Sometimes. But other times, I do it unintentionally. Because I don't always know what is hurtful. Maybe because I am stupid. Or insensitive. But that's the risk of being opinionated. I don't often hide my feelings. My thoughts. And I'm not out to collect friends. Occasionally, friends happen. And that's nice. I just let it happen. And if it doesn't, I don't lose sleep over it. Because I find that I can easily live with only a friend or two or three. Or even without a friend for that matter. But I have to admit that life is easier and more fulfilling with at least one close and dear friend. And I've had that most of my life. --Jim Broede

No comments: