Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I've stumbled into Paradise.

I think there's such a thing as confidence. Without a huge ego. To me, real confidence is to take risks. Without fear of failure. Because one is confident enough to know that it's possible to turn failures into learning experiences. Half the time, or maybe even more often than that, I don't know exactly what I'm doing. I take chances. Even in the way I write. I just feel my way through a labyrinth. Trusting that eventually I'll find my way. I try not to panic. And I try to get things right. Eventually. Often after many mistakes. To me that's the mark of confidence. I admit that I'm stupid. That at times I've gotten lost in my journey through life. But I've learned that it can be thrilling and fulfilling to get lost. Because it has taken me to places I didn't necessarily want to go to initially. But it wound up to be the right place. Yes, on occasion I've actually stumbled into Paradise. --Jim Broede

No comments: