Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Creation's saving grace.

I don't necessarily want to fit into this world. It's all right if I'm a misfit. Because if I fit, I wouldn't feel comfortable. I wasn't made to fit. Few of us are, I suspect. But some of us find ways to fit. Always. I don't. Although, I do crawl into a cocoon. Into my man-made environment. To get away from the rest of the world. The best I can. Gives me opportunity for respite. Allows me to venture out into the rest of the world. And cope. I accept the fact that I didn't create the world. Some say god did. I'm not sure about that. If it was god, I think god could have done a better job of it. But then, what do I know? My design probably would have flaws in it, too. Even my cocoon leaves something to be desired. Anyway, I give god credit. For at least making it possible for one to fall in love. Maybe that's the saving grace in all of creation. The opportunity to experience love. --Jim Broede

No comments: