Saturday, July 10, 2010

I might vomit.

Think about it. Salvador Dali and his wife Gala had a pet rabbit. Followed them around. They adored the rabbit. They are going on a trip. Can't take the rabbit. And the rabbit doesn't like strangers. So they have a dilemma. They go to bed. The situation unresolved. The next day, they're eating supper. And Dali notices he's eating rabbit. He runs to the bathroom. Vomits up his meal. He's horrified. That he's been eating his pet rabbit. Gala, meanwhile, savors the rabbit in her gut. This is ecstacy for her. Eating her loved one. Much better than traditional sex. It's akin to an orgasmic experience for her. I guess it depends on one's perspective. I'm with Dali on this one. I'd probably be pissed if someone served me my pet for supper. I wouldn't make a good farmer. Raising animals for slaughter. If I knew the animal as a pet, I don't think I could eat it. But still, I eat flesh. I'm not a vegetarian. Albeit, I'm headed in that direction more and more. And another thing, I don't take communion. It's supposed to symbolize eating Jesus' flesh and drinking his blood. I don't like the idea. I might vomit. --Jim Broede

No comments: