Friday, July 2, 2010

I'd make a good and friendly spy.

I suppose I could be a Russian spy. Or for that matter a German spy. Or an Italian spy. Or a French spy. I'm willing to tell any of these countries everything I know about the USA. Even any secrets I happen to discover. Because I consider all of these countries friendly. I like Russians. And lately, I especially like Italians. I'm even thinking about flying an Italian flag in my backyard on the Fourth of July. And as far as that goes, I'd not hesitate to fly the hammer and sickle of Russia. As a friendly gesture. Come to think of it, I'd even spy for Canada and Mexico and virtually any South American country. I don't see any reason why we can't divulge secrets to our friends. I know I wouldn't consider keeping a secret from my Italian girlfriend. I suppose she could be an Italian spy. Passing off my knowledge of America to her prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi. I'm really laughing unroarishly over allegations that a Russian spy ring has been operating in the USA for a long time. Anyway, when I spy for Russia, I'll be open and above board about it. By printing everything I know. Right here in my blog. --Jim Broede

No comments: