Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A place where I can think.

I like to muse. To ponder. To allow random thoughts to flit through my mind. Sometimes they lead somewhere. Other times, there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Other than it's nice to have a thought. Any thought. I think I was born to think. I find that it sure beats having a blank mind. In school, my favorite test was the essay test. Much better than a single answer test. Or multiple choice. The essay gave me an opportunity to elaborate. To let the thought process flow. And I loved class discussions. Where students are encouraged to participate. It was hard to shut me up. I could have become a professional student. And lived in an ivory tower all my life. In a sense, that's the kind of cocoon I've built for myself. An ivory tower. A place where I can think. --Jim Broede

No comments: